Inclusive and recovery education is about personalising learning, nurturing the student and allowing them to foster a deeper sense of self knowledge, strategies and skills whilst constructing meaning for their transforming life. A life filled with purpose, self empowerment, determination and brave love.
Maree’s academic and professional teaching career expands over 13 years in a variety of professionally creative, practical and academic areas.
One of the first educators to teach at the Mind Recovery College Bendigo Campus that was launched in 2016, she has written a recovery focused course titled ‘Developing you own creative self care space”. She has continued her research into mental health recovery education as a 2017 scholarship recipient of the Deakin Funded University Program studying the Masters of Education (M.Ed) with a focus on inclusive education. She is currently developing new creative recovery materials under the guidance of inclusive education academic Dr. Ben Whitburn.
She is qualified in Diploma of Education (Secondary), the Graduate Diploma in Vocational Education and Training from the University of Melbourne, Bachelor of Business from the Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology (RMIT) and completed units from the Bachelor of Fine Arts also from the Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology (RMIT)
Her professional development qualifications include the TAA40104 Certificate IV in Training & Assessment (2009) and ASIST Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (2006)
Her teaching and academic experience includes:
- Head of Department and Senior Secondary Teacher (VCE) in Interactive Digital Media at Girton Grammar School in Bendigo
- Victorian Curriculum Assessment Authority (VCAA) Examination assessor Business Administration – Written Examination
- Victorian Curriculum Assessment Authority Examination SETVET Panel member
Study G/A: Business Administration – 2008 VCE Examination Setting Manual, 2008 VCE VET Business Administration Examination
- VET Coordinator and VCAL teacher – Aitken College
- Year 10 Commerce and VCE Business Management Teacher – St. Mary’s Coptic Orthodox College
- Facilitator for disengaged youth as part of the Western Bulldogs Football Club SpiritWest Services Fresh Education Program
- Monash University Short Courses Program – Marketing
- Kangan Batman TAFE – Diploma of Sales and Marketing
- Victorian Business College – Diploma of Advertising, Creative Copy, International Trade & Marketing
Tailored sessions and workshops on self-care and wellbeing are available for organisations, educational institutions and community groups.
Maree is also available to guest teach.